Dear Library User,
You can find the new portal of the Franz Liszt Academy of Music’s Central Library here.
You will find the user guide under Help.
The previous catalogue page is still accessible on aleph.lfze.hu.
Any natural person can use the Library with registration. Borrowing privileges are granted to professors and students of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, music teachers, and professional musicians.
The Central Library of the Franz Liszt Academy of Music has the biggest music-related collection in Hungary. The Library has 450 000 music scores, 70 000 books and 100 journals, and there is a collection of 25 000 CDs, DVDs and vinyl records at 12 Semmelweis Street.
Dear Readers! The opening hours of the Central Library of the Liszt Academy in the summer are the following:
- Until 15 June 2018: regular opening hours
- Between 18 June and 6 July 2018: regular opening hours, closed on Saturdays
- Between 9 July and 27 July 2018: on weekdays 9:00-15:00, closed on Saturdays
- Between 30 July and 24 August 2018: closed
- Between 27 August and 31 August 2018: on weekdays 9:00-15:00, closed on Saturdays
We inform our Visitors that a video surveillance system has been installed in the Central Library.
Contact and opening hours
Address: 1061 Budapest, Liszt Ferenc tér 8.
Circulation desk: 462-4600/286, 462-4686
After logging in to the system you can request the documents you wish to borrow. The requested documents are available at the service counter within 24 hour or at a pre-agreed time and date.
Monday to Tuesday: 8.30 am to 7 pm
Wednesday to Friday: 8.30 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 1 pm
The above are the opening hours of the library during term-time and the examination period, otherwise the Library is closed or operates with reduced opening hours from Monday to Friday 9 am to 1 pm.
Liszt Ferenc Research Library
Address: 1064 Budapest, Vörösmarty utca 35., ground level
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 am to 2 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 1 pm to 6 pm
Address: 1064 Budapest, Vörösmarty utca 35., 2nd floor
Monday-Tuesday: 8.30 am to 7 pm
Wednesday-Friday: 8.30 am to 5 pm
Library of the Kodály Institute
Address:6000 Kecskemét, Kéttemplom köz 1.
- basic registration – free: 6 printed and 2 audio-visual documents,
- extended registration - 500 HUF/year: 15 printed and 5 audio-visual documents
- researcher's registration: 1500 HUF/year: 30 printed and 10 audio-visual documents
Copying: A4 - 25HUF/page, A3 - 50 HUF/page
Priting: A4 - 25 HUF/page, A3 - 50 HUF/page
The Library only duplicates documents exempt from copyright.
- Documents borrowed for 1 month / 5 months: 35 HUF/day:
- CD/DVD: 100 HUF/day:
- Printed documents borrowed for less than 1 month: 900 HUF/day.